June 14, 2022
June 14, 2022
Why trust DailSavingChoices?
Amazon Essentials Women’s Relaxed-Fit
Goodthreads Men’s Soft Cotton Shawl Cardigan Sweater
There’s no better way to say thanks when you need a new cardigan, than with a BEST CARDIGANS! Dress up your wardrobe this fall with the best cardigan.
HOW WE TESTED
Click here for testing insights >
June 14, 2022
Guide for Buying
CAN ANYONE WEAR A CARDIGAN?
- The classic cardigan is a long, slim-fitting garment covering the waist and having buttons at the front.
- Winter cardigans that are jacket-style are more suitable than other sweaters. Many of these cardigans have zippers, and some even have a hood.
- Long cardigans may also be called tunics or long cardigans. They can be worn with belt or at the knee. For a flowing look, the bottom can be flared.
- These short-sleeve sweaters are perfect for when you don’t need extra warmth. These sweaters are great for summer because they’re made from a thin knit. This adds style and doesn’t create bulk.
- Vest cardigans look great when layered with shirts or sports jackets.
- Open cardigans do not have buttons, zippers, or other closures. This versatile sweater can be worn with both casual and dressy items.
Cardigans can be made from the same materials as other sweaters.
Famous for their warmth, wool, and durability, cashmere, cotton, and wool are highly sought after. These premium materials are more expensive, but cardigans will last longer and be more comfortable.
Some cardigans are made from synthetic materials, such as polyester. These cardigans are typically less expensive than those made from natural fibers. While they can be durable and soft, polyester cardigans don’t breathe as well as natural alternatives.
Cardigans can be worn for any season.
The bulk of cold-weather sweaters is made from a thick-knit material such as cashmere or wool. Cardigans for warm weather are made from a loose, lightweight knit. This is an excellent choice for cool spring days or cool summer nights.
You can find neutral colors, bold hues, and colorful patterns when shopping for a new cardigan.
It would help if you looked for shades that you enjoy wearing that compliment or contrast with your wardrobe pieces and that flatter your skin.
There’s a good chance that buttons are what you associate with a cardigan.
A traditional cardigan feature is a button-up front. Cardigans can be made with buttons or snaps. These sweaters have a casual, open look and are available in various closure-free options.
DID YOU KNOW?
Cardigan sweaters made from quality materials like wool and cotton can last decades if you care for them. To keep your garment looking its best, follow the care instructions.
HOW DO YOU ACCESSORISE A CARDIGAN
It would be best if you carried elegant handbag.
A colorful or boldly designed handbag will go well with your classic or modern cardigan. Look great with crop and tunic styles with a clutch with a bit of bling.
Add a pearl necklace.
Pearl necklaces are timeless and in fashion. You don’t have to wear pearls with dresses. A pearl necklace can be worn with cardigan or paired with a skirt.
You can dress it up with a watch.
Any cardigan can be dressed up with a watch. You can choose a dressy look with either a leather band or one with a gold-tone or silver-tone finish.
Add a necktie to complete your look.
A necktie, dress shirt, and cardigan make a chic look for work or special occasions. You can choose a tie with contrasting colors, or that matches the color of your cardigan.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF CARDIGANS?
Although cardigans less than $20 look fashionable, they aren’t likely to be made from the best fabrics. Children’s cardigans are an exception, and they tend to be quite affordable.
Cardigan prices range from $20 to $50. There are many styles to choose from that are both stylish and well-made.
Cardigans made from wool and cashmere are available for $50 and higher. These cardigans are often made by top fashion designers and can cost hundreds of dollars. High-end cardigans are expensive, but they can withstand regular wear and cleanings. They also do a great job keeping their colors and shapes accurately to form.
The belted cardigan is modern and flattering. It can be worn with jeans, dresses, skirts and career-wear trousers.
- Take into account the season. Select a material and design that is based on the weather conditions.
- Keep your cardigan in place. It is better to fold your cardigan than to store it on a hanger. This is because a hanger can cause your shoulders to stretch.
- Color is important. Cardigans made in neutral colors can be paired with many different styles. Essential pieces such as jeans and white shirts can be complemented by bold colors like bright green and royal blue.
- Be aware of knit patterns. Some cardigans have smooth designs, while others have textured cable knitting patterns. It is up to you which one works best.
- Get out of your comfort zone. A sweater with a shorter “tunic” or crop design is a good option. Perhaps you will like a different style.
- Increase your wardrobe. Get several cardigans with different lengths and seasons. This will allow you to have a cardigan that you can wear all year and match with many outfits.
- Make it more formal with accessories such as statement shoes, sparkling jewelry, and handbags.
- Wear it down. Any cardigan can make a striking contrast to this casual outfit.
You can dress up your cardigan with heels, boots, a bright bag, or eye-catching jewelry.
Q. What type of shirt should I wear underneath a cardigan?
A. Cardigans go well with many types of shirts. For both cold and casual days, turtlenecks are perfect. Pair a cardigan with a blouse/dress shirt for work and special occasions.
Cardigans of light weight that can be worn in spring and summer are best paired with tank tops and short-sleeve shirts.
Q.Can I wear a cardigan and a maxi dress?
A. Absolutely! A cardigan paired with a flowing dress can be a great way to emphasize the feminine design. For a trendy look, choose a cardigan, either cropped or belted.
Q. Do cardigans come with pockets?
A. Some do. Some pockets are decorative or deep enough to store small items or warm your hands.
Pockets are most commonly found on longer-length cardigans. However, they can also be found on mid-length sweaters.
Q. Can I wear a cardigan to work casually?
A. cardigan can be worn to work with a bright shirt and dressy pants.